You got an online casino jackpot. What now?
This is it. You’ve been playing online casino games for ages. You used up dozens of bonuses from sites like ours or Turboluck. At some point, you thought of giving up. After all–it takes up so much of one’s time, and even if it’s just pushing buttons or swiping on a screen, there’s a lot of effort.
Besides, who wins at these things really?
Except here it is–your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you.
You actually won! It’s a really huge amount, too–six figures! A quick Google search to ease your overwhelmed, confused state instantly confirms everything. It is absolutely legitimate; everything you’ve done so far has paid off. You have won real money, and a lot of it.
So it’s time to start the claiming process in order to reap the rewards!
Except you don’t have the slightest clue how to begin.
Go back to the website or app where you won.
Log in to your account on the app or webpage wherein you won the big jackpot.
Find the “Wallet” section, sometimes also labeled as “Cashier”–it should be easy enough to find.
Options for receiving payment will appear; choose the one most convenient to you. It will likely be the same way you deposit funds into your account. Most online casinos prefer seamless transfers and, for security reasons, will only accept one account that can give or take.
Enter the amount you would like to withdraw. You can choose to take all your winnings in one go, or just get a portion of it for the meantime.
Voila! That should be it. Your screen should have some sort of acknowledgement notification of the process.
In some cases, you will receive an e-mail stating that the process is underway.
Easy money, right? It certainly is…in theory.
Here are some important factors to note before you book that celebration vacation:
- Verification checks will happen, especially when huge lump sums are involved; be prepared in order to keep the process moving swiftly.
- As long as the online casino is regulated, there will definitely be security checks.
- A government ID as proof of identity is usually the first and most crucial part of these–that could be a driver’s license or passport.
- For withdrawals involving either a debit or credit card, a photocopy of the front and back sides will likely be necessary.
- Location is everything. Taxes apply in some places, in various ways!
- For the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the United States, online casino gambling winnings must be declared on a certain form.
- On the other side, Canada does not require any declaration and will not tax prize money from any form of gambling.
- It’s always best to check government regulations!
- It’s hardly ever instantly in your bank account/e-wallet. They will need time to process the request, depending on the establishment.
- The timeframe for how many times a player can make withdrawals varies from place to place.
- There is a certain number of times within a specific period that withdrawals can be made.